Natomas is a community in northwestern Sacramento, California. It is the last area of Sacramento that has not been fully developed and is now seeing major residential development. As of yet, there are no population or crime statistics available for Natomas. Natomas is also home to a variety of outdoor spaces, including bike trails and parks. One of the newest additions is North Natomas Regional Park. The most common occupations are public administration and retail trade. Natomas has a median house value below state average, and the unemployment level is also below state average. This makes it a popular place to live, with many people commuting to work on busy highways. Residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Natomas has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Natomas Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap insurance
Natomas has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
- California is the most populous state with over 38 million residents, which is more than all of
Canada. 1 in 8 US residents lives in California.
Public Transportation In Natomas
- Natomas is serviced by Amtrak railway and South Natomas Transport Management Association. Members have access to members, including transit subsidies, carpool subsidies, Emergency Ride Home, advocacy, and more.
Housing Trends in Natomas
Natomas was historically an agricultural area on the floodplains of the Sacrament river, but grew quickly starting in the mid 1990’s with extensive residential development, office park, and retail construction. With Natomas being so close to Sacramento, the cost of living is highly influenced by the big city. The average apartment in Natomas is around $1,500 and that is a 5% increase compared to the previous year. This has been the normal trend through all of northern California and that is rent going up each year. The average size for an apartment is around 863 square feet which is quite large for the northern California area. 54% of people who rent their properties pay $1,000-$1,500 each month. The price greatly depends on what area of Natomas you are looking in. If you are looking in the nicer areas then the rent will be much higher and vice versa with cheaper areas.
Natomas’s housing market is extremely competitive. People who work in Sacramento would much rather live in the surrounding cities like Natomas and commute to work everyday rather than living in big cities and living a compact lifestyle. The average price for a home in Natomas is around $455,000 which is super cheap in northern California. Average homes tend to sell above 1% above list price and homes that are desired by many people can sell anywhere from 3-5% above list price.