La Verne is a small city 30 miles east of Los Angeles and has an estimated 2015 population of 32,681. La Verne has a lot to offer residents, including 11 parks, an active Community Center, several golf courses and nearby Bonelli Regional Park. La Verne is close to the 10, 210, and 57 freeways with the Route 30 freeway ending in La Verne. More than 75% of the working population prefer to drive their own cars to work. The commute time for most people is between 30 to 60 minutes. This makes it important for residents to look at all the options for cheap car insurance La Verne has to offer. Staying safe on the road is just as important as getting to your destination.
Cheap Car Insurance La Verne Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for affordable car insurance La Verne has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
Public Transportation In La Verne
- Metrolink line which offers round-trip train service to downtown Los Angeles.
- Amtrak travelers can make connections at Union Station in Los Angeles. Visit their website at http://www.metrolinktrains.com/.
- The best way to save on car insurance is to take advantage of public transportation. Lower mileage on your car means you save on car insurance.
Living in La Verne gives residents a very suburban feeling. It is a really nice area for people looking for their forever place to live. The average rent for an apartment in La Verne is $1,918 and that is a 5% increase compared to the previous year. That is a little higher than the surrounding cities but that price does in fact depend on what kind of unit you are looking at. The average size is around 885 square feet which is on the bigger side. 42% of people pay $2,000 when it comes to paying rent each month which makes sense with the average.
Homes in La Verne sold on average for $997,500 and they usually spend 100-150 days on the market. The housing market is very competitive but the average price for a house might cause some concern for first time home buyers. Popular homes can sell for about 2% above list price which is good for the seller.