La Quinta is in Riverside County, in the Coachella Valley between Indian Wells and Indio. It has an estimated 2015 population of 40,476, up 58.1% since 2000. La Quinta is also a resort city, like others in the valley, and is also the leading golf destination, with The Quarry at La Quinta ranked among the top 100 golf courses in the United States. The most prominent industry is, of course, golfing with more than twenty golf courses available. The city also enjoys a healthy tourism industry, especially during the cooler winter months. The Santa Rosa Mountains are one of the most prominent features of the La Quinta area, visible from almost anywhere in the La Quinta. All of this makes for busy roads and congested highways. Residents would be smart to check out all the options for cheap car insurance La Quinta has available.
Cheap Car Insurance La Quinta Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap insurance
La Quinta has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
Public Transportation In La Quinta
- The city is part of the SunBus line, which services much of the Coachella Valley.
- There are future plans for a commercial airport in the community of Thermal 10 miles to the east of the city.
La Quinta is a city in Riverside county specifically in the Coachella Valley between Indian Wells and Indio. In Old Town La Quinta, you get a blast from the past. The architecture of this town gives you what it was like years ago when the town was thriving. Today there are restaurants and some shopping centers. Even though the time has changed, the buildings have still kept their integrity and the city is doing a great job on making it look like the actual thing. Although some buildings are still newer than others, the newer building compliment the older ones which are always good.
The cost of living in La Quinta is sort of low compared to the rest of California. The median home price in this area is around $390,000. The surrounding cities are also pretty nice as well. The cities include Palm Desert and Rancho Mirage. La Quinta is a great place for all people and their distinct interests.
Living and Renting in La Quinta
The average rent for an apartment in La Quinta is $1,527, a 7% increase compared to the previous year, when the average rent was $1,424. The average size for a La Quinta, CA apartment is 968 square feet, but this number varies greatly depending on unit type, with cheap and luxury alternatives for houses and apartments alike. Studio apartments are the smallest and most affordable, 1-bedroom apartments are closer to the average, while 2-bedroom apartments and 3-bedroom apartments offer a more generous square footage.
Compared to other apartment prices in other cities of California, La quinta is on the cheaper side. Living in this gives you a great opportunity to learn about different interests you probably have never had before.