Fair Oaks is a census-designated place (CDP) in Sacramento County, California, and is part of the Sacramento–Arden-Arcade–Roseville Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 30,912 at the 2010 census, up from 28,008 at the 2000 census. Fair Oaks is located between Sacramento and Folsom, and offers a wide variety of programs and recreation facilities for everyone. Fair Oaks is known for its mix of suburban and semi-rural neighborhoods, and is a popular place to live out away from the bustle of the cities. Most people commute to work, so there is always traffic congestion. Residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Fair Oaks has to offer, and stay safe on the road.
Cheap Car Insurance Fair Oaks Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap insurance
Fair Oaks has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
Public Transportation In Fair Oaks
- The main highway used to access Fair Oaks is Highway 50. The main boulevards are Madison Avenue (east–west), Sunrise Boulevard (County Highway E2) (north–south), Hazel Avenue (County Highway E3) (north–south), Sunset Avenue (east–west), and Fair Oaks Boulevard (east–west).
- Transportation is provided by Regional Transit and their website is very up to date with schedules and fees. Using public transportation is a great way to save on car insurance, so take advantage of it whenever you can.