El Cerrito is a census-designated place (CDP) in Riverside County, California. It is an unincorporated area mostly surrounded by the city of Corona, with a population of around 5,000. It is located southeast of downtown Corona and about 15 miles southwest of the city of Riverside. Average commute times in El Cerrito are significantly high. Only 12.3% of El Cerrito residents live and work in El Cerrito, which means more time is spent traveling to nearby towns. More time on the road increases the chances for drivers to experience an accident. That means it is very important for residents to take the time to review all the options for cheap car insurance El Cerrito has available.
Cheap Car Insurance El Cerrito
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap insurance
El Cerrito has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
Public Transportation In El Cerrito
- Transportation for El Cerrito is provided by the city of Corona and the Riverside Transit Authority. One of the best ways to save on car insurance is to use public transportation whenever you can. This saves mileage on your car, which in turn saves you money on your insurance policy. Carpooling is another great way to save, and make friends!