Covina is about 22 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, in the San Gabriel Valley region and has an estimated 2015 population of 48,984. Covina is often confused with West Covina which is actually larger in both area and population and located to its southwest. The city used to be the third largest orange grower in the nation, but most groves have now been made into conveniently priced housing. Fun fact, the television series Roswell was filmed in various locations in Covina. Although the city has no major highways going through it, it is located right between the I10 and the I210, which are busy and congested most of the time. Residents would be smart to make sure they investigate all the options for cheap car insurance Covina has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Covina Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap insurance
Covina has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
Public Transportation In Covina
- The City of Covina is a partner in the Foothill Transit joint powers authority and Foothill Transit provides fixed route service in the City of Covina.
- METRO fixed route buses also operate within the City of Covina.
- Metrolink Commuter Rail system’s San Bernardino Line provides direct service to Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles.