Colton is a city in Riverside County with an estimated 2015 population of 54,621. Colton is located at the junction of Interstate 10 and Interstate 215. There is heavy reconstruction along these routes in attempt to handle the expanding development of Colton and the surrounding areas. Most residents commute to work in their own cars, and most are employed in manufacturing and retail trade. As this area is one of the busiest parts of Riverside County, residents should take the time to investigate all the options for cheap car insurance Colton has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Colton Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Colton has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident. Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
- After a DUI conviction, many California drivers will require an SR22 filing to reinstate their drivers license. It can sound scary, and a bit intimidating, but you can learn more about it from our The Ultimate SR22 Insurance Guide”
Public Transportation In Colton
- San Bernardino has an Amtrak station 3 miles from Colton that provides train service with public payphones, free short-term parking, and free long-term parking.
- Riverside has a bus station 7 miles from Colton with public transit connections.
- Moreno Valley also has a bus station 11 miles from Colton.