Coachella’s is in Riverside County, California and is part of the the region collectively known as the Coachella Valley. Coachella is largely a rural and agricultural community and is known as the “City of Eternal Sunshine.” There are three casinos on Indian reservations very near to Coachella, and these casinos bring in a lot of visitors. The city has an estimated 2015 population of 44,635, which is a 79.1% since 2000. This growth is great; however, with more growth comes more traffic and more parking difficulties, and a higher risk of accidents. This makes it very important for residents to look at all the options for cheap car insurance Coachella has available
Cheap Car Insurance Coachella Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap insurance
Coachella has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is required, but insurance company’s required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
Public Transportation In Coachella
- Amtrak provides transportation for Coachella, with train and bus stations. INDIO (45995 MONROE ST.) fully wheelchair accessible, public payphones, snack bar, free short-term parking, call for taxi service.
Top Attractions in Coachella
The most well known and heavily attended music festival in the US, the Coachella music and arts festival has been luring music lovers to the area since 1999. They also have a country music festival on the same grounds after the Coachella weekends take place. These festivals are what make the Coachella area very popular. Coachella’s surrounding cities also have a lot in them as well such as golfing, premium dining and more. The area is also known for some pretty amazing hiking trails that lead to some breathtaking views of the whole valley.
If you don’t feel like walking your way up to the view, then you can take the world’s largest tram car. The Palm springs aerial tramway opened in 1963 and it can hold up to 80 people. The change in elevation is around 6,000 feet while seeing everything the desert has to offer agriculturally on the way. They travel along beautiful cliffs from the Valley station to the Mountain Station.
The average rent for an apartment in Coachella is $918 and that is an 8% increase compared to the previous year when the rent was at $848. This is arguably going to be the cheapest average rent in Southern California. The average square footage is 1,400 which is really good with the average rent price.
The housing market in Coachella is very competitive due to its very affordable housing. There are a lot of first time home buyers that grew up in Coachella Valley that are looking to stay in the area and Coachella is the first place that they look. The average home price is around $289,000 which is extremely affordable. If you love the desert scene and that type of landscape then Coachella is the place for you.