laremont is located on the eastern edge of Los Angeles County 30.3 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, and has an estimated 2015 population of 36,283. Claremont is known for its many educational institutions, in fact, the colleges and school districts are the top employers in the city. Both the 10 and the 210 freeways run partially through Claremont, making it a traffic congestion magnet. Residents should protect themselves by looking at all the options for cheap car insurance Claremont has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Claremont Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for afforadale car insurance Claremont has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is required, but insurance company’s required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
Public Transportation In Claremont
- Foothill Transit and Metrolink provide public transportation to Claremont. The city website has a very easy to understand and very complete listing of all the transportation options to see more .
- Train transportation is on the San Bernardino Line, with trains traveling to Los Angeles and San Bernardino several times each day. Claremont’s train station is known as the Claremont Depot. It will also connect with the Metro Gold Line and with the Gold Line Foothill Extension.
- Public transportation is a great way to save on car insurance. Keeping your mileage low on your car will help keep your costs down on your insurance as well.
Claremont is a great city with plenty of hole in the all things to do. If you like nature, Claremont has a great botanical garden that you can explore. They even have long hikes throughout the garden which offer some pretty good views. Also has some views of different colored flowers from the surrounding cities. For a great workout, there is also a 5mile mil trail that is a loop called the Claremont trail. It runs along a hill-side that has significant inclines and declines. It is a great trail that you can take your dog on if you want to tire them out for the day.
Inside of a private high school, there is a fantastic dinosaur exhibit. The museum is fun and interesting for all age groups. It has a personal play spot for the kids to mess around with some fake bones. This museum gives a brief history and evolution of how dinosaurs lived and what their downfall was. Overall, Claremont is a great city that is has a lot of lowkey good spots that you can hit.
Living and Renting in Claremont
The average rent for an apartment in Claremont is approximately $1,629 which seems right living in Southern California. The average size is at 848 sq ft but this number varies depending on the unit type. 1 bedroom types are closer to the average while the 2 to 3 bedroom offers more generous living space.
The housing market is also very competitive. When it comes to the selling process of a home, they always have many offers with some waived contingencies. Hot homes can sell 1% higher above list price. The average home prices are around 665k which is really good for southern California.