As part of Riverside County, Barstow has an estimated 2015 population of 23,692, and is a major transportation center for the Inland Empire. It is also home to Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow and close to the Fort Irwin National Training Center. There are three casinos planned for the area, and also numerous construction projects currently in process. For the most part, residents commute to their jobs in the bigger cities nearby. This makes for congested freeways and a higher risk of accidents. If you live in the area, make sure you look into all the options for cheap car insurance Barstow has available. Being safe on the road is just as important as getting to where you are going.
Cheap Car Insurance Barstow Facts
- Residents of the Golden State are encouraged to explore all the options for cheap car insurance
Barstow has on hand, especially considering the state’s high cost of living.
- California follows a tort system for automobile accidents, meaning the state must name a
participant as being at-fault. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $5,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
- The California DMV has an excellent website, with tons of information for consumers, including guides to registering your vehicle or purchasing insurance.
- After a DUI conviction, many California drivers will require an SR22 filing to reinstate their drivers license. It can sound scary, and a bit intimidating, but you can learn more about it from our Ultimate SR22 Insurance Guide.
Public Transportation In Barstow
- Barstow Area Transit (BAT) is the local transportation system for the area, and covers the city of Barstow and the surrounding areas in San Bernardino County. BAT operates three fixed city bus routes.