Why Florida Is A Great State To Own A Car
Florida is not only the state of bright sun, beautiful beaches and a tropical climate. It is a state that makes it easy to love your car.
Save money by living in this state and learn how to get even more discounts.
Live the easy life, enjoying Florida’s beautiful sunsets and cultural nightlife.
Depending on where you plant your roots in this great state, you may be able to lower your insurance costs.
Getting cheap car insurance Florida residents want is now easier than ever.
The best way to find out if you are living your best life, is to look around you!
Whether you are living in the big city of Miami, or a small, country town which screams “the south!”, you can save.
Getting the car of your dreams shouldn’t cost you a fortune.
You could save money based on where you live, what your credit score is or even what job you have.
Living in Florida has so many great pleasures, why risk losing any of it by not being fully covered
There is good news for those of you who live in Florida: Cheap Insurance will help you save.
Florida is one of the rare states that is a “no fault” state.
This is one reason people actually love living here.
It is different than the other states in more than one area.
What does “no fault” mean?
- This means that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
This is the minimum required coverage for every Florida driver.
Having a good and clean driving record will help you to receive more discounts and a lower payment in general.
Besides the minimum coverage you can attain for your car, you might need more.
Anytime there is a loan out on a car, you will need to carry full coverage.
The banks want there to be extra protection against the loan you carry.
Full coverage tends to look like this:
- Collision coverage which will pay for you and your own car in an accident. Even though Florida is a no-fault state, there may still be damages or medical expenses that need to be covered.
- Comprehensive coverage will cover things such as theft and smaller damages not incurred in an accident.
- Medical coverage for you and your passengers- Medical coverage can make a huge difference for your security and safety.
- Towing and roadside assistance- You may not only need this for a crash, but if you break down. Roadside assistance can save you time and money.
- Rental reimbursement- You could be covered or reimbursed for a rental car when you are involved in a crash.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage- this will make sure that you are still covered even if someone without insurance hits you.
If you are hoping to do car insurance on the cheap, you will want to figure out how to save money.
Even if you carry full coverage, there are ways for you to save.
Here are some of the factors insurance companies look into when deciding what sort of risk factor you as a driver are:
- Are you a male or female?
- What zip code do you live in? The bigger the city, most likely the more you will pay.
- How long have you had a clean driving record?
- Do you have a car with a large engine? The larger the engine, the faster you can go and the more likely you are to get into an accident
- How old is your car? Older cars usually cost less to insure.
- How much do you drive every year. Driving over 12,000 miles a year could mean your rates increase. There are certain types if insurance policies that are mileage based.
If you want real quotes from people who live in Florida and have full coverage, we can help you.
Let’s look at what real people are paying for their car insurance in Florida.
From our friends at The General, we can see what quotes they are giving people who love to live in Florida.
Getting the best rates from an insurance company is the first step in a happier you!
Real Quotes In Florida
Let’s start with a female driver who has a clean record.
Here is our first scenario:
- A 28 year old female driver
- She has been insured for the past ten years.
- This driver has a clean record and drives a 2017 BMW X1.
- She lives in Miami and drives an average of 15,000 miles a year while she commutes around the city and to family on the weekends.
- In Miami she will end up paying around $170 a month to insure her BMW with full coverage. This means an annual premium of $2040 a year.
- Most likely this higher insurance is due to a few factors. One is that her car is newer and has a larger engine.
- She also lives in Miami which is a highly populated area in Florida. She is a younger driver, and although she is over 25, she still has a short record for driving.
- This particular driver also puts 15,000 miles a year on her car which is over the optimum amount that insurance companies are looking for.
- She could have her payments lowered when she pays off her loan on her car. In fact her insurance premium could drop by $50 or more!
Looking for the cheap insurance Miami residents want is easy when you talk to an agent at Cheap Insurance!
Second Scenario In Florida
Let’s take this same female and change her situation.
If she wants the cheap insurance Jacksonville can give her. And she may end up saving a buck or two.
- A 28 year old, single female living in Jacksonville
- She owns a 2017 BMW x1 and drives about 15,000 miles a year.
- She has had a clean record for the past ten years and has kept her insurance current.
- Our real quotes from The General state that she will pay about $164 a month in car insurance for full coverage. This is an annual premium of $1,968.
As you can see, just living in a less congested area has saved her some money on her car insurance. However this is just one quote.
Cheap Insurance can find you multiple quotes from dozens of insurance agencies around the country.
The best part about talking with a broker, is getting options.
It is a one-stop-shop for figuring out what insurance you need and getting multiple quotes for your situation.
If we take this same single female and move her to Orlando, Florida what happens?
Orlando is a busy tourist city and although it is not the largest city in population in Florida, is does have traffic.
Getting cheap insurance Orlando style means understanding where you live and the challenges of that.
The more tourists, the more traffic, the more your insurance.
Let’s see how this plays out with real quotes.
- A single female who drives a BMW x1
- She drives approximately 15,000 miles a year and has a clean record
- This same person has had a clean record and will expect to pay about $167 a month living in a city like Orlando.
- This is not much savings and is quote comparable to Miami.
- Some things that could change her situation would be: paying off her loan, getting an older car, or waiting a few years.
- Every year that you drive as a safe driver, you insurance company should reward you .
- They will also reward you for being a loyal customer. Stick with one insurance company or bundle your insurance together and save.
- Bundling is basically when you take multiple policies out with one insurance company. for instance homeowners insurance and car insurance. Having these two policies on one bill will help you save overall.
Changing Genders and Changing Cities
How does being a male affect the cost of your auto insurance?
Well, many times men are though to be in more accidents.
In fact statistics show this to be true.
If you are a male driver under the age of 25, expect to pay the most for your car insurance.
Here are some examples of quotes from The General that put this into perspective.
- Male driver who is 33 years old
- He is single and drives a 2015 Honda Civic.
- He drives about 12,000 miles a year and has had insurance for 13 years consecutively.
- He has a clean record and now lives in Tallahassee, Florida.
- His quote for full coverage car insurance was $159 a year.
- This is cheaper than our female driver for a few reasons.
- His car is a few years older and does not have the engine or speed of the BMW.
- He lives in a place that has less congestion than her three scenarios did.
- Also, he is older and has had a clean record for longer.
- Paying $159 a month means he pays $1,908 a year.
- If he were to pay off his loan and reduce his insurance coverage he could save an extra $500 a year on car insurance.
Getting the cheap car insurance Tallahassee residents need is easy when you talk to a Cheap Insurance broker.
Now, if we change things around a little and move this single male driver to another city, how much will his insurance be affected?
Here is what our next real quote from The General tells us:
- A single male, 33 years old with a clean driving record.
- Takes his 2015 Honda Civic and moves to Tampa, a larger city indeed.
- He needs full coverage insurance because he has not yet paid off his loan.
- The quote that was given to us is $165 a month for full coverage which calculates to $1,980 a year.
- It seems that these rates are close in numbers because the statistics are not changing much.
- If this same driver were to insure a 2005 Honda Civic that has been paid in full, he could spend as little as $124 a month on car insurance.
- It would be even better for him if he were married and ten years older.
- These factors all play a part in car insurance buying game.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
If we take this same male driver and move him to Cape Coral, a smaller and quieter town in Florida, what happens?
A male driver with the same record as above now lives in Cape Coral.
Cape Coral is not a small town, but compared to Tampa it seems peaceful.
- The population estimate for the statistical area was 679,513 for 2014. The city is known as a “Waterfront Wonderland”, with over 400 mi of navigable waterways, Cape Coral has more miles of canals than any other city in the world. In 2016 Forbes Magazine named the City of Cape Coral as # 9 of the “Top 25 City’s To Retire in the United States.”
A quote for this driver in Cape Coral means that his insurance will drop about fifteen dollars a month from living in Tampa.
That means he will pay $150 a month for full coverage on his Honda Civic.
This makes his annual insurance costs $1,800 a month which is still above the state average but much lower than wha the would pay in a large city.
Most people who have insurance in Florida pay the minimum amount.
Getting the cheap insurance Cape Coral drivers want is cheaper than you might expect.
Why Insure Your Car?
There is still a large percentage of the population who are uninsured.
These drivers make it risky for everyone else out there on the road.
You can attain uninsured motorist coverage to cover costs of an uninsured driver hitting you.
You could be refunded for the total cost of your car depending on the damage.
You are not only protecting your own interests when you get your car insured, but the interests and safety of those out on the road.
You are responsible for yourself and others involved in an accident if you are at fault.
If you cannot pay out of pocket or have this covered by an insurance agency, you could serve jail time or have a hefty fee.
You could also get your license taken away from you and this will be on your record for a minimum of three years.
Take the advice a qualified broker and agent can give you.
Have the most insurance you can afford.
Discounts are easy to attain if you are a low-risk driver.
Ask your agent what discounts you might qualify for and educate yourself on the factors that lower your insurance rates.
We all need our cars to not only transport us and our families but in most instances, to make a living.
This is a necessity, so make sure you are getting the best deals.