Cheap SR22 Insurance Ontario


Have questions about SR22 in California? Click or Call to speak to an agent:

(800) 486-1866


Start My Quote

car insurance Ontario. Find SR22 insurance Ontario

As a resident of Ontario, if you are arrested for a DUI, your first step should be to consult with a local lawyer that concentrates on DUI defenses. Once you go through the court system, and pay all the applicable fines, you will most likely need an SR22 to get your license back. If that is the case, be sure to take the time to explore all the options for cheap SR22 insurance Ontario has available.


SR22 Information

An Ontario driver can have driving privileges temporarily revoked in a variety of circumstances, the most common of which include:

  • DUI
  • Excessive violations within a specific time frame
  • Driving without insurance
  • Unpaid judgments
  • Reckless driving or street racing

To remove a suspension placed by the California DMV on your Drivers License, an SR22 Filing is required. An SR22 is a document issued by an Insurance Company that provides a guarantee to the California DMV that you have obtained the California required minimum liability coverage. The insurance company will notify the DMV if the insurance coverage should lapse. At this point, your License Status will return to Suspended.

How Do I Get An SR22?

You must obtain minimum liability coverage on all vehicles that are registered to you, both operational and non-operational. If you have current insurance, you can usually just call your agent and request the filing, but if you don’t own a motor vehicle, you are required to obtain “non-owners” liability coverage. “Non-owner’s” policies cover you to drive any vehicle that is not registered to you or available to you for regular use.

How Do I Reinstate My license?

Contact the DMV, to determine if your license is able to be reinstated at this time, and if there are any DMV fees that are required to reactivate your Drivers License. In most cases, this is a $10.00 reinstatement fee, but you will need to resolve any previous parking and moving violations, judgments or fines.