Finding The Cheapest Car Insurance Available
We all know that insurance is a huge part of life.
Whether its homeowners insurance, renters insurance, or auto insurance, we need it.
Californians know that car insurance is especially important when out on the road.
The city life has traffic and commuting can be dangerous.
You should create a safe place for you and your family with the best cheap car insurance in California.
The best part about shopping for insurance is knowing that it is there to protect you.
If you are new to a city and need a quote for car insurance, a broker is a great way to go about getting a great deal.
But if you want a fast way to compare real quotes, log onto a quote generator like the ones on The General.
You can find very reasonable quotes from Cheap Insurance as you add a policy or create a new one.
When searching for the perfect car insurance policy, you want to be able to depend on the website you are using.
Going to multiple sites and generating quotes with your information is a great way to get started.
You may need to have these things handy:
- Name and date of birth
- Drivers license
- The type of car you drive and year
- The zip code you currently live in
- How many miles you drive annually
- What safety features you have installed on the car
- Do you have a loan out on your car?
- Car registration
- How much insurance you may need
- Know if you are bundling this car insurance policy with another policy such as renters insurance
- Know how long you have been insured for
- Have you ever been in any accidents?
Knowing these things ahead of time and having any necessary documents ready will make the process easier.
Why waste time shopping for insurance when you could have a reliable quote within minutes?
How Much Car Insurance Do I Need?
This is a very popular question and one you need to know before getting started.
The minimum amount of car insurance you need depends on the state you live in.
California has a minimum amount of coverage that is required for each vehicle on the road.
That looks like this:
- Bodily Injury Liability Limits: $30,000 per occurrence/ $15,000 per person
- Property Damage Liability Limits: $5,000 per occurrence
These cheap car insurance options will only protect the other party involved in a crash. There are other options which will protect your and your own vehicle.
But if you have a loan out on your vehicle, you will need to carry full coverage.
That looks like this:
- Collision coverage which will cover you and your own car when in an accident. This is important for anyone commuting or driving on busy streets.
- Comprehensive coverage will protect you against non-accident related damages as well as theft.
- Medical coverage for you and your passengers- Medical coverage can make a huge difference for your security and safety.
- Towing and roadside assistance- You may not only need this for a crash, but if you break down. Roadside assistance can save you time and money.
- Rental reimbursement- You could be covered or reimbursed for a rental car when you are involved in a crash.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage- this will make sure that you are still covered even if someone without insurance hits you.
Quotes You Can Count On
Here are a list of quotes we were able to generate from The General.
- First let’s break down how men and women differentiate when looking for car insurance. Men are more likely to get into an accident. Statistics show this to be true, so insurance companies put men at a higher risk when behind the wheel. This also means their rates may be higher. Let’s break down two real quotes we were able to get. One is a male and one is a female. This way you can see how other people are getting great deals on quotes, depending on where they live. There are a few important factors to take into consideration. One is that your zip code means a lot! Even if you live in the same city, but a different zip code, you could be paying more or less for the same auto insurance.
- The next interesting factor is the amount you drive your car. This makes sense because the more you are on the road, the more of a liability you are to the insurance company. The more you drive and the more traffic in the area which you live or work, the higher your rates.
- Keep in mind that you may qualify for discounts. After you generate your quotes, talk to a broker about what discounts you may qualify for. Have you taken a drivers safety course? Maybe you have added a security feature to you car recently. These could shed dollars off of your monthly premium.
Our Female Driver
- Our first generated quote from our friends from The General is a 33 year old, female driver. She is single and not married. And drives a 2015 Toyota Camry. On average she drives 15 thousand miles a year and has never been in an accident. She has been insured for the past 10 years. Her current residency is in San Jose, California. Finding the best car insurance in San Jose is just a click away.
- Because San Jose is a metropolis, her rates will be higher than if she lived in a suburb or rural area. The quote generated shows that she will pay an annual premium of $1490 a year. That means monthly she is looking to spend about $124 a month on full coverage for her Camry.
- This is a great quote. Think of the savings she could have when she talks with a broker about discounts. She may be able to qualify for a good driver discounts because she has never been in an accident. If she bundles her car insurance with another type of policy she may be able to save money as well.
- If this same driver moved to Riverside, California, how would her rates change? When moving to a different zip code, rates can fluctuate. The quotes we were able to obtain gave this female driver a bit of a price break.
- Her annual premium as a Riverside resident was $1465. That means that her monthly payment is $122. Not a huge change from San Jose, but a slight drop. Now if she were to pay off her vehicle and only need the minimum amount of car insurance in Riverside, she would pay less than $100 a month.
- Most of the time, people who live in areas where the commute volume is high take public transportation whenever necessary. Riverside is not like San Fransisco with easy public transportation access. Many people in this city depend on their cars for their livelihood. Some even commute into Los Angeles or Orange County for work.
- Getting another quote with our same female driver is easy. Moving her to a location where there is high traffic volume in the center of a tourist community. When we were looking for a great real quote for car insurance in Anaheim, we came across a very reasonable rate for the area.
- Our female driver is likely to pay $1430 a month for her Camry. Monthly this comes out to about $119 a month. This is in the same price range as our last two cities. As you can see, each other these cities has similar features. High population and high commute volume. But because our driver has a great driving record, her rates have stayed low.
- The best part about researching insurance rates in your area is figuring out a great zip code to live in. The zip code next door to yours could save you money. If our driver was married and had no loan out on her car, her rates would drop significantly. Talk to a broker about the many ways you could save too! You can get your very own quote by looking at websites such as thegeneral.com or getting Cheap Insurance quote.
Our Male Driver
- Now let’s take a look at how being a male driver in different cities in California can affect your rates. We looked for real quotes and found a male driver who lives in Redding, California. Cheap car insurance in California can be found by checking multiple websites and quote generators. Our friends at The General helped us out again with this 33 year old male driver.
- He is single and drives a 2014 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4×4 truck. He drives on average 14 thousand miles a year and has never been in an accident. This driver has been insured for 13 years. He will be looking to pay about $1615 a year for his full coverage. This may seem high for you in a town without a huge population. But there are other factors at play such as gender, the fact that he is single, and that he drives a truck. He will still only be paying $134.50 a month for his full coverage.
- His loan payment on his car is most likely almost paid off. You can bet that his auto insurance will drop drastically.
- If this same male driver were to move to Modesto, which is a town located in central California. This town is a medium sized population but has a lot of rural tendencies. It is not a large city, and has a lot of space. The small amount of congestion in this town comes from commuting inside the city itself. The quotes we were able to obtain from our friends from The General was very fair.
- Our male driver will end up paying $1513 a year for his truck. Under this policy he will have full insurance coverage and pay $126 a month. Most of the time when a driver has a good driving record and has been insured with the same company for years, they will be rewarded. This means that your premium could go down every year that you stay with the insurance company and keep a clean record.
- You can also choose to have a higher deductible and therefore lower your monthly premium. This is just one more way that people choose to save on their auto insurance.
San Luis Obispo
- When looking for the best insurance rates, it is a good idea to know how your zip code affects you. In a place like San Luis Obispo where the population is less and the traffic is also less, you will have a better chance of getting a good rate. Our male driver has now been moved to San Luis Obispo and his rates went down yet again.
- For his full coverage on the truck, he will pay $1499 a year. This comes out to $124.90 a month. He could save even more by talking to a broker about his options. Many times a broker can evaluate multiple insurance companies rates with you on the phone. This process won’t take you all day and it is sometimes helpful to have someone who can answer your questions.
- You can get your own instant quote from a website like thegeneral.com or other quote generators. The best part about shopping around for car insurance in California is knowing that you will be protected when out on the road.
Ways To Get A Quote
With any online quote generator, you will need a list of items before you get started.
To help you find the best carriers, at the absolute lowest rates, you’ll want information ready.
Without having to go to an office or spend hours on the phone answering the same questions over and over, you can just get a quote online.
How easy is it to get an insurance quote?
- • Choose your product: Auto, Health, Home, Life, Renter, or Motorcycle
- • Enter your zip code
- • Answer a few basic questions
- • Presto! – get your quote.
If you find coverage you like, you can even purchase it online, from the comfort of your home, with your policy delivered to your inbox within minutes.
You may also need to know the kind of car you drive and how many miles you put on the road on average.
There are also insurance programs that do mileage based rates for those who don’t drive a lot.
Here are some reasons why you need auto insurance in California:
You must have insurance to legally drive a vehicle in this state.
If you are caught without insurance you could have some heavy fines.
We don’t want this to happen, so we try to find the best possible discounts for drivers.
To own and register a car in California, you must possess a valid, active, auto insurance policy.
Even if you have had a DUI, you still need to possess insurance for you vehicle.
Insurance coverage is not only the law in the state of California, but it is a smart choice to make for you and your family.