If you are involved in a traffic accident, whether it’s a minor fender bender or a 125-vehicle chain reaction on the freeway, there are certain rules of etiquette that are important to follow. For instance:
1. Show that you are prepared in the event of a car crash by purchasing cheap auto insurance in San Jose before you ever consider driving. The other people involved will appreciate it when it comes time to exchange information.
2. If someone is hurt, don’t worry yet about exchanging information, even if you are prepared with the cheap auto insurance you purchased in San Jose. Call 9-1-1 as soon as possible.
3. You may want to call the police whether there are any injuries or not. They will be interested in seeing proof of your cheap auto insurance, purchased in San Jose, once they arrive. They can document the situation. Moreover, in California, you must notify the police within a certain period of time if you are the victim of a hit-and-run.
4. Do not hit-and-run or leave the scene of an accident; serious charges will result.
5. If you hit a parked car and the owner isn’t anywhere near, leave a note. Make sure you provide information about who you are. It is not okay to just write, “Sorry I hit your car,” and leave it at that.
6. Let the DMV know if anyone was hurt as a result of your collision, or if any damages exceed an estimate of $750.
Cheap Auto Insurance San Jose – Get INSTANT, free quotes on cheap auto insurance in San Jose. CHEAP Insurance offers personal auto, commercial, trailer, cycle, watercraft, home, and renter policies. With access to hundreds of Insurance Companies, we can find the right insurance to fit your budget. Make your insurance purchase online at http://www.cheapinsurance.com/, send an e-mail inquiry to [email protected] or over the phone toll-free at 800.486.1866.