Insurance Quotes That Make You Happy
The state of Ohio has plenty to offer any resident. Large fields of corn and wheat.
Or maybe you are more of a city junky?
Look at the wonders of Cleveland and Columbus.
Overlooked by so many, Ohio truly has a little bit of everything.
You can really find yourself here, whether you are into the great outdoors or the cityscapes of Cincinnati.
Finding cheap car insurance in Ohio is as simple as a click.
When you use quote generators to find real quotes from sites like The General, you can rest assured you will find a great deal.
Don’t get caught up in all of the hype around big companies and advertisements.
Go the simple route and comparison shop online.
The best part about living in a place that has everything, is that you know you can find just the right deals on car insurance.
Ohio is a relatively safe place to drive.
The roads are not that congested, and the rate of accidents is fairly low in comparison to other states.
You will want to speak with a broker to find out details about insurance in your state.
Purchasing cheap car insurance in Ohio should not be a neck-breaker.
Simplicity is all about shopping online.
What You Need To Know
Before you get started in the search process, you should probably know the laws of the state you live in.
When you want to drive a car anywhere in Ohio, you must carry the minimum amount of car insurance.
Here is the minimum amount needed in Ohio:
- Bodily Injury liability: $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident
- Property Damage liability: $25,000
That is only the amount you need if you do not carry a loan on your vehicle.
When you have a loan, most banks will require you to have full coverage.
But what is full coverage and what can it do for you?
The basics of full coverage are this: you are able to pay for the cost of the car you have a loan out for.
This makes sense to banks and acts as collateral for the loan they have given you.
Full coverage looks like this:
- Collision coverage will make sure that damages to your own car are covered when you are in an accident. This counts even if you are the one at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage means that you will be covered for damages not incurred in an accident. It also covers theft.
- Medical coverage for you and your passengers- Medical coverage can make a huge difference for your security and safety.
- Towing and roadside assistance- You may not only need this for a crash, but if you break down. Roadside assistance can save you time and money.
- Rental reimbursement- You could be covered or reimbursed for a rental car when you are involved in a crash.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage- this will make sure that you are still covered even if someone without insurance hits you.The Insurance Research Council has found that as many as 15% of Ohio drivers have failed to carry car insurance in recent years. Failure to present proof of insurance while driving results in immediate license plate suspension and a minimum fine of $500.
- Full glass coverage- this is additional coverage for your car to cover glass windows and doors.
When you have full coverage you can feel safer out on the road knowing that if anything happens, you are covered.
These are the basics you should know about before searching for the insurance you want.
What Do Real Quotes Say?
Now let’s take a look at some real quotes generated from our friends from The General and see how they pertain to you.
We will take a look at both female and male drivers in multiple cities in Ohio. This way you can see some examples of great insurance coverage at a low price.
There are multiple factors that an insurance company takes into consideration when deciding if you are an “at-risk” driver or not.
They need to assess the likelihood that you will get into an accident.
This makes sense because if you have been in an accident before, you may be more likely to get into one again.
Here are some factors that insurance companies look for when assessing you as a driver:
- marital status
- zip code
- type of car and year of car
- previous accidents
- how long have you been insured?
- mileage per year
Let’s get into it and find out what real people are paying for their insurance.
Our Female Driver
- First we looked at a female driver who lives in Cleveland, Ohio. She is 33 years old, single and has had insurance for 10 years. She has been driving for 15 years and has never had an accident. This driver owns a 2017 Ford Explorer and drives it about 15 thousand miles a year.
- Our female driver was able to get a great real quote while living in the big city of Ohio. She needs full coverage because she still has a loan out on her car. Her annual cost for this came out to $1610. This come out to $134 a month. One of the reasons her insurance is so high is because she lives in the most densely populated city in her state. Most of the time this factor counts for a lot. The more traffic, the more accidents.
- If she asks for good driver discounts or is able to get her loan paid off, she will look at significant decreases in her bill. She has an easy time finding cheap car insurance in Cleveland.
- When we look at different cities in the same state, prices start to change. Taking this same type of female driver profile and moving her to Columbus changes her rates slightly. Columbus is still a large city for Ohio, but not as crowded as Cleveland. Getting the car insurance in Columbus means filling out an easy quote.
- This same driver, who has a great driving record will save a few bucks moving from Cleveland. Her total yearly cost will be $1539 living in Columbus. This comes out to $128.25 a month.
- Sometimes you can save money by paying an annual payment instead of making monthly payments. This driver might also save some money by bundling her car insurance with renters or homeowners insurance. Using one company for all of your insurance needs is a good idea.
- Once again we will try this same type of female driver but in a different city. Dayton, Ohio is a bustling city. The Dayton region is primarily served by three interstates and 3 major State Routes. The current commute time to work is 21 minutes. and more time on the road increases the chances for drivers to experience an accident.
- Although this city is smaller than the previous two with only 140 thousand residents, it tends to still have high traffic volume. Let’s see how that affects this driver.
- She will pay $1501 a year making her monthly payment $125 a month. This is a savings of 9 dollars a month from the big city of Cleveland. Not as much as expected for going down in population significantly.
There are a few ways that this driver can save even more on car insurance in Dayton.
Here are a list of discounts to look for:
- Discounts for safety courses taken- taking a safety course can help your premiums go down because it proves that you are a safe driver.
- Marital discounts
- Good driver discounts- having a driving record which shows safe driving and responsible skills will only help you when shopping for insurance.
- Multi-car discounts- Not only having multiple cars can help, but the types of cars your family drives could save you.
- Multi-policy discounts- You may want to consider getting homeowners insurance, motorcycle insurance, car insurance, SR22 insurance and much more from the same insurance company.
- Association discounts
- Education discounts
- Occupation discounts- Depending on what kind of job you have and how far you need to commute for that job could make a difference in your policy choice and price.
- Excess vehicle discounts
- Mileage discounts- Keeping low miles on your vehicle should keep your premiums lower.
Take advantage of being a good driver and ask for your piece of the pie.
Our Male Driver
Now let’s take a look at a male driver in Ohio. Using real quotes from three different cities across the state, we can get a great idea of what to expect.
- Our male driver is 33 years old, single and has never had an accident. He drives a 2015 BMW X5 and puts about 12 thousand miles a year on it. This driver has been insured for 13 years and is looking for the best deal he can find to insure his beloved car. He still has a loan out on his car but that will be paid off soon. Living in Cincinnati means that he is driving in congestion.
- Putting in all of his information he was able to get a quote for $1701 a year for his car insurance. This seems high, but remember that males usually pay more for car insurance. He also drives a sports car. The larger the engine in a car the more you insurance is likely to be. This amount comes out to $141.75 a month. When he pays off his loan this amount will decrease to about $90 a month for minimum coverage.
- The best thing that this driver can do to save money is pay off his loan and keep a clean driving record. He needs to make sure he attains the car insurance in Cincinnati that he is required to have.
- Putting this same driver in a place like Toledo can change the price of his insurance coverage. Getting car insurance in Toledo is simple when you use a quote generator from our friends at The General.
- Living in Toledo can be simpler than the other big cities. This should save our driver some money. He will only pay $1622 a year in car insurance. This comes out to $135 a month and a savings of 6.75 a month or $79 a year. Now that may not seem like much, but our driver has not even looked into what discounts he might qualify for.
- If he used public transportation from time to time and got his mileage down, he could also apply to use a mileage-based insurance. This can be a great way to save as well.
- The basics of searching for insurance is easy, but you want to make sure that you also comparison shop. Using thegeneral.com as well as the Cheap Insurance website is a great idea. If you need more questions answered, talk to a broker. These professionals are here to help you cut costs and find a company you are happy with.
- This great city is known for its low-cost living and that includes insurance. The cost of living in Akron is 6% lower than the Ohio average, and 14% lower than the national average. Ohio is known for it’s low cost of living, and this extends to the number of options for cheap car insurance Akron has available.
- When our driver moves to a smaller town like Akron, what happens to his insurance costs. They drop!
- He will only pay $1560 a year for his full coverage on a sports car. This comes out to $130 a month. So you see, getting that cheap car insurance in Akron is pretty easy.
The best part about looking for real quotes online is that you can compare and contrast different variables.
Not The Best Record In Town
These two examples of drivers have great driving records. But what happens if you don’t?
- If you have an accident on your record, your car insurance rates are going to be high no matter how old you are. The only factors that will help your rates are student discounts, marriage discounts, and location, location, location. If you drive a car that is traditionally thought of as safe and conservative, this can also bring your rates down. Make sure insurance companies know if a significant amount of time has passed since your accident; this could persuade them to lower your rates, also, as long as you’ve had a clean record since then.
Last but not least, get online and know what information you need.
Cheap Insurance can help you find the best insurance at the absolute lowest rates. This is without having to go to an office or spend hours on the phone answering the same questions over and over.
How easy is it to get an insurance quote?
- • Choose your product: Auto, Health, Home, Life, Renter, or Motorcycle
- • Enter your zip code
- • Answer a few basic questions
- • get your quote.
Good luck shoppers!