The Best Car Insurance Quotes California Has To Offer
Have you ever wondered how where you live and what car you drive affects your insurance premium?
Living in California can be like a dream, but sometimes we spend too much money in the wrong places.
Whether you are a single male, or a female looking to start a family, your insurance rates should be as low as possible.
The best way to know if you are getting a deal or not, is to do some research.
Luckily, this blog has done some of that for you.
Let’s delve into the world of cars, coverage and the best rates cheap car insurance California residents deserve.
The process of getting a deal starts with a few factors.
One is where you live such as what city you live in and how many people reside there.
If you are located in a bustling city with hundreds of thousands of drivers, you may pay a little more than the average Californian.
But other factors will play a part as well such as your age and how long you have been driving.
Have you had an accident? Are you considered a “high-risk” driver? These are great questions you should ask an agent.
But long before you contact someone on the phone, get a free and easy quote first.
California can be one of the most expensive places to find car insurance.
It isn’t always a dream starting your search for insurance the car you love and need.
If you are a single female and live in rural town, you will pay less than a male who lives in a big city.
An insurance company has one job and that is to assess you as a driver.
What kind of risk will you pose to the insurance company?
How likely is it that you will get into an accident, making the insurer pay out for the damages?
There are multiple factors when deciding this. In fact hundreds.
Some of the main factors are age, gender, location, and mileage you put on your car.
Knowing these factors can make for an easier transition when choosing your insurance company.
Brokers can be very helpful, assisting you in finding your dream car insurance policy.
Examples You Can Trust
When you are researching which companies you can trust with your car insurance, you will want to start with a broker.
Getting a real free and instant quote with a broker, means that they can help find you the best rates from multiple companies.
Why not have someone else do the heavy lifting for you.
For example, here are some real quotes from our friends at The General.
What is the minimum requirement for the state of California?
There is a minimum amount of insurance that you must have in California:
- Bodily Injury Liability Limits: $30,000 per occurrence/ $15,000 per person
- Property Damage Liability Limits: $5,000 per occurrence
These cheap car insurance options will only protect the other party involved in a crash.
- Comprehensive coverage which covers theft and other damages not related to a crash or accident.
- Collision coverage which takes care of your own vehicle in a crash.
- Medical coverage for you and your passengers- Medical coverage can make a huge difference for your security and safety.
- Towing and roadside assistance- You may not only need this for a crash, but if you break down. Roadside assistance can save you time and money.
- Rental reimbursement- You could be covered or reimbursed for a rental car when you are involved in a crash.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage- this will make sure that you are still covered even if someone without insurance hits you.
- Full glass coverage- this is additional coverage for your car to cover glass windows and doors.
- Loan/lease coverage- when you have a loan or a lease out on a vehicle, your coverage needs to be different. Most of the time a full policy is required.
Here is the information we have obtained from The General:
- Female driver living in San Fransisco
- 28 years old
- You are single living in the city.
- This person drives a 2016 Toyota Corolla
- You drive on average 15,000 miles per year
- There are no accidents on your record
- And you have been previously insured for 10 years.
- You may only end up paying $137 dollars a month for full coverage.
- You can always save more by paying once or twice a year on your auto insurance instead of every month.
- Your yearly premium for this quote would be: $1,644
- When you are able to pay off the loan on your car, this rate will decrease as the amount of insurance you need will go down.
Thegeneral.com has great quotes that are easy to find.
We can help you find quotes from many carriers in your state as well!
Another example of a female driver in California is this:
- The same female driver from above (Female driver, 28 years old, single, 2016 Toyota corolla, 15,000 miles per year – no accidents, previously insured for 10 years.) could have a different quote living in Los Angeles. Now Los Angeles is still a large city and there is traffic and congestion. But depending on the zip code, rates can change.
- For a full coverage policy, this female driver will end up paying $150 a month on average. Los Angeles is the most expensive city in California to insure your car according to USA Today.
- This is a yearly premium of only $1,824.00. That is still quite a bit lower than other quotes out there. Finding a great price on car insurance comes down to using a broker to help you get there.
- Getting your cheap insurance Los Angeles drivers need is now easier than ever.
San Diego Car Insurance
This same female driver, if living in San Diego, should pay less for her auto insurance.
San Diego is a less populated city and sees less accidents every year than L.A.
- San Diego is still one of the top five largest cities in California and more expensive than your small town.
- Look to pay about $129 a month for full coverage as a female driver. The same examples from before just shed a few dollars based on location. Think of all the other ways you could save on your insurance premium.
- Talking to a broker can give you ideas on how to lower your rates.
- This example means you would pay a yearly premium of $1,548.
- This is less than the average California insurance quotes given by many other insurance companies.
- Cheap insurance San Diego residents need is more affordable than you might think!
Male Drivers In California
The General insurance company has again come up with a few quotes that will give you some insight into California car insurance.
As a male driver, sometimes rates increase.
Here are a few examples of what the make driver might expect to pay.
- If you are a male driver and 33 years old.
- You are single
- Drive a 2014 Honda Accord and drive 12,000 miles per year.
- You have no accidents
- And you have been previously insured for 13 years.
In the great city of Sacramento, you could end up paying $180 a month for full coverage on your Honda Accord.
This is a yearly cost of $2,184.
That is quite a bit more than even your female driver in Los Angeles.
Now this means that you need full coverage.
But if you have paid off your loan and you no longer need this amount of coverage, your monthly statement will only be $125 a month. This is a yearly premium of $1,500.
Usually the newer the car, the more the insurance is.
The larger the engine, the more you will pay as well.
Getting cheap insurance Sacramento drivers want is available and cheap!
San Jose, California
The great city of San Jose is located in the Bay Area. The Bay Area means traffic and a lot of cars! You may find yourself paying more here, especially if you are male.
Let’s take the same example from above.
The male driver in the Honda Accord has moved to San Jose and his rates have changed.
The cheap car insurance San Jose has to offer according to our friends at The General is: $184 a month.
Not that much higher than Sacramento, but adding up to a yearly premium of $2,208.
Each year that you are a safe driver, this amount should go down .
And the quicker you pay off your loan, the cheaper your insurance will be.
Remember that this full coverage will protect you and your own car in an accident. This can be worth a lot in the end, saving you thousands on repairs.
If you upgrade to a newer car, your insurance could increase as well.
One More Example
The last example you might be interested in hearing about is that of a male living in Fullerton.
Fullerton is a city located in the Los Angeles area in the northern region of Orange County.
This is not only a great place to live, but very convenient as well.
With this convenience comes a responsibility to insurance your car properly.
Because of the traffic in this area, many drivers end up paying more for their auto insurance.
But let’s see how low we can go when we get a quote from The General.
Sometimes people choose to purchase mileage based insurance.
But because of the amount that this particular driver is on the road, that option might not save him much.
We all need our cars to get to work, or school and home.
Getting the cheap car insurance Fullerton drivers want, means understanding the laws.
California is one of the more expensive places to purchase insurance.
Going through a broker to help you get a quote is one sure way to save money.
The best kept secret when purchasing insurance is finding a broker you can trust.
How Easy Is Getting A Quote Online?
How easy is it to get an insurance quote?
• Choose your product: Auto, Health, Home, Life, Renter, or Motorcycle
• Enter your zip code
• Answer a few basic questions
• Presto! – get your quote.
If you find coverage you like, you can even purchase it online, from the comfort of your home, with your policy delivered to your inbox within minutes.
We have taken all the difficulty out of purchasing insurance, and can help you find discounts that you may not even know exist.
The best thing you will ever do is talk with a knowledgable representative about how you can save money on your car insurance.
Life is full of the unexpected.
Don’t let this deter you from doing your homework and walking away with a smile on your face.
Your car insurance quote could indeed make you smile.
Why Do I Need Insurance In The First Place?
- You must have insurance to legally drive a vehicle in this state. If you are caught without insurance you could have some heavy fines. We don’t want this to happen, so we try to find the best possible discounts for drivers. To own and register a car in California, you must possess a valid, active, auto insurance policy. There are many options to consider such as the type of coverage you may be wanting.
- Every state has a law making it mandatory to carry car insurance. This is not only to protect yourself, but to protect others out on the road. If you hit another driver and do not have insurance, they could end up paying thousands of dollars out of pocket to fix their vehicle. This may not be a deal breaker for some, but there are many drivers out on the road who depend on the one car they have to sustain a living.
- Having uninsured motorist coverage is one way to make sure that you are covered. This insurance will cover your own damages even if the driver who hit you doesn’t have proper coverage. And even though it is a state law to carry insurance, about 20% of drivers still lack the proper insurance on their cars. Uninsured motorist coverage is the only thing that will protect you from this 20%.
- Get your quote today and know that you are covered with the best possible insurance at the lowest rate. We can link you with quotes from The General as many other carriers in your state.