Bigger And Better In The South
Everyone says that in Texas, they do things bigger.
And it’s true.
This large state consists of more than one kind of person.
It has hard working people, and caring mothers, and business owners and commuters and big families and small families.
But one thing every Texan has in common is their love for their state and where they come from.
If you live in Texas or have ever visited here, you know what I am talking about.
Are you plowing the fields of wheat? Or maybe you are setting up an antique store in town.
The job you have and the city you live in means so much to you.
Maybe you are trying to build a family in the Lone Star State and need that extra security.
Purchasing insurance in Texas is easy because when you love what you have, all you want to do is protect it.
The best feeing in the world is knowing that you and your family are secure.
You can do this by finding the cheap insurance Texas residents need.
But in Texas, you will need the fullest and best coverage possible.
Bigger is better in the south.
Fun Facts About Texas
- Texas is the second-most populous state with over 26 million residents who account for about 8% of the total U.S. Population.
- Texas still owns all of its public land, so when the Federal government wants to build something, it must first ask permission.
- Texas borers Mexico and has a great cultural diversity.
- Over ten million people own a home in this state.
- There is one ranch in Texas that is bigger than the whole state of Rhode Island, that’s how big Texas is.
- There is a tree located in Texas that is over 1,500 years old. This is just one example of how Texans hold on to their heritage.
- There is only one natural lake in the whole state, the others are man made or have influence by man.
- Texas has 9 professional sports teams and the citizens are proud of it.
- As far as land mass is concerned, Texas is the second-largest state in the Union, after Alaska.
- Texas law requires drivers to pay for accidents they cause.
- Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident.
- The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Car Insurance in Texas
To know about driving in Texas you need to have the image right in your head.
Big trucks for hauling livestock are driving down the highway.
Cars are parked in rows at the local school as parents wait to pick up their children.
A lifted Jeep is off roading in some vacant pasture.
A tail gate is down and people are throwing a party, laughing.
These images of the Texas life all have to do with cars, trucks and how important your vehicle is to you.
Getting the cheap car insurance Texas drivers want is easy and necessary.
If you are looking for the very best insurance you can have, you should talk to a broker.
Here are the laws in Texas regarding car insurance and what you may need.
Texas’ Car Insurance Requirements
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers.
Other coverages to add to your policy for better protection:
- Collision coverage which covers you and your own vehicle if damaged in an accident
- Comprehensive coverage which will cover theft and small damages not incurred from an accident
- Towing and Roadside Assistance will be greatly welcomed if you get stranded on the side of the road.
Enjoying The Beauty Of Texas On A Bike
There is a huge culture in the state of Texas that travels by motorcycle.
This state is so large and there is so much to see that getting around on a motorcycle seems pretty appealing.
Whether you live in Texas or not, it is a fun place to tour and get to know.
Check out the Blue Bonnet Highway where flowers bloom and roads go on forever.
Head out West towards Johnson’s City.
Take the Wildflower Loop, The head out to the town of Burnet which is the official Bluebonnet Capitol of the world.
What is a bluebonnet anyway?
A Bluebonnet is a wonderful purple colored flower that sprouts up in a rich and full color.
They look similar to snapdragons, but are smaller and more hardy.
Texas is vast and sprawling fields of bluebonnets can take ones breath away.
There are so many other places to see from the back of a bike.
All you will need to know is how much cheap motorcycle insurance Texas riders need.
Having cheap motorcycle insurance in Texas is very similar to having car insurance.
The minimum coverage that you will need is:
- $60,000 bodily injury coverage total per accident.
- $25,000 property damage coverage per accident.
- $30,000 bodily injury coverage for each injured person in an accident.
But that is just the minimum.
- Most of the bikers on Texas like to be covered fully. Why? Because when you travel for such long distances, sometimes you don’t have a gas station every five miles. Sometimes it is just fields for miles and miles. Other times you might end up in a crowded city such as San Antonio. You want to park your bike but are afraid that your belongings might get stolen. Don’t leave you bike there while being worried. Be protected by having the right kind of insurance protection.
Here are the other types of insurance coverage you need for your bike:
- Collision coverage can help cover costs to you and your own bike.
- Comprehensive coverage will cover theft and other types of damages to your bike.
- Towing and roadside assistance are always a good idea in case you break down. You could be covered or reimbursed for this.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is a great idea. If you get into an accident with an uninsured rider or driver, your costs will still be covered.
- You can even have glass coverage which will just covered any broken or damaged glass to your car.
- Rental reimbursement is always a good idea, in case you need to rent a car when in an accident.
- Safety Apparel- you could get your helmet and other protective gear covered.
- Custom Parts may or may not be covered in your policy. Check with a broker to find out if you can customize your bike
- Medical Coverage- this is a must when riding a motorcycle
The best part about having cheap insurance in Texas is that you can love your state even more than you did before.
Now you can enjoy the Texas roads by feeling more secure.
Buying A Home With Peace Of Mind
You want to settle into the place that you love the most.
Maybe thats in Houston or on the coast in Galveston.
Wherever it is in Taxes, your home is important to you and you want to feel secure.
Buying a home is also one of the largest purchases you will make.
And even though Texas is quite affordable in most places, you are still putting thousands of dollars a year into your home.
If you want to raise a family, you might want to live where the best schools are.
Maybe you are a rancher and need land.
There are all walks of life here in Texas, and each one should feel good about their home purchase.
Here are some of the best places to purchase a home in Texas:
- Coppell is a place outside of Dallas Texas an according to Niche.com, it has the highest livability. Coppell has 40 thousand residents, great schools and a tight knit community. The average home is around 315 thousand dollars and around 70% of all residents own a home. That is fairly high compared to the national average. Crime here is low and self-esteem high.
- Greatwood, Texas is a smaller community right outside of Houston. It has around 12 thousand residents and a true small town feel. If you like to know your neighbor, then Greatwood is the place for you. Almost 95% of all residents own a home here. This is a very high statistics and means that more people here need homeowners insurance than almost anywhere else. The average home price is around 300 thousand dollars and makes living here quote affordable. The median household income here is almost 100 thousand dollars which is very high compared to the national average.
- Plano, Texas is a large city in Texas making 280 thousand people residents here. For being such a large city, it is the number one safest place to live in all of Texas. How do they do this? Home are also more affordable here than the towns listed before. You can purchase a home here for around 250 thousand dollars. The schools here are excellent and are held to the highest standards. Plano is ranked as one of the best places to raise a family in America. That is a great fact when you are thinking about purchasing a home and starting a family.
What Will I Need To Get Great Homeowners Insurance?
The first thing you need to know when purchasing homeowners insurance in Texas are the laws surrounding it.
Well, here it is: there are no laws that force you to have homeowners insurance.
However, when you purchase a home, you usually get out a loan.
And a bank or lender are the ones who give you this money for the purchase.
Lenders and bankers usually require you to have homeowners insurance so that your home can be paid back in full in case something happens to it.
This means that if there is a natural disaster, like the one that happened in Houston, you will need protection.
Not only do lender require insurance for your home, but for your own protection you will want it.
It will save you a lot of money in the long run.
If something happens to your home such as damage to the roof or exterior, you can be covered for this.
There is so much more than can be protected.
Here is what homeowners insurance can protect:
- Damage to your home, including permanent structures on your property—unless your policy specifically excludes the cause of the damage
- Damage to personal property, meaning the items in your home that are not attached to the dwelling, due to causes outlined in your policy
- Liability coverage for legal matters or accidents that occur on your property
- Loss of use, which allows you to maintain your lifestyle at another residence while your home is being repaired without incurring additional costs
- Limited coverage for items such as stolen jewelry—the amount of coverage varies depending upon state of residence, and you always have the option to increase this coverage.
- Additional coverage available for more valuable items (jewelry, fur, silverware, etc.). If coverage above the limited coverage amount is required, a “rider” should be purchased. This coverage offers a broader range of perils.
But there is more!
When you own a home, there are things you can do to make it safer.
For example, when you build a home, installing a sprinkler system will make it easier to put out fires in your home.
This could save you money with your insurance policy.
Here are more ways to save on your cheap homeowners insurance Texas buyers may want to consider:
- Monitored home alarm system- having an alarm system could deter burglaries and looks great to insurance companies.
- Doors fortified with security locks- having a deadbolt lock is a sure-fire way to save you money.
- Smoke detectors- this is not only a super safe idea for your family but could literally save lives.
- Sprinkler system- these are more expensive to install, however this could save you money and pay off if something in your home catches fire.
Texas Has So Much To Offer
It seems pretty evident that Texans know how to live.
Texas has a few laws about insurance, but mostly insurance is a way to feel secure in all that you do.
Whether you commute into Houston on business.
Or drive your family across the state on weekend for your child’s baseball tournament.
Feeling secure is part of living your life to the fullest.
Texans have a style and warmth that not many other people have.
Protecting that culture and community comes in many forms.
Some of it is camaraderie, and some of it is trusting your neighbor.
But sometimes it comes by putting in place insurance policies that can truly keep your assets safe.
That is where cheap insurance comes in handy.
Take the steps necessary to truly enjoy the life you want to live in Texas.