Safest, Fastest, Cheapest Cars For You This Year
With 2018 in full swing, there are a few cars out there on the market that we just can’t help but talk about.
2018 will be the year of the electric car for sure.
There is a huge pull for these electric and hybrid vehicles to be out on the market.
From your 100 thousand dollar Tesla, to the 30 thousand dollar new Chevy Bolt, people want options.
But there is still plenty of truck lovers, SUV lovers and classic car lovers who just want pure power.
Well, why can’t you have both?
The technology out now can rival some of those classic car muscle from way back when.
But can save you money.
You won’t even know how much you’ll like these new cars, until you actually drive them.
The best part about being a car enthusiast is that there is always new and better.
Every year the automobile market gets better and better.
It is up to us to know what is out there and how to grab it before it’s gone.
Before you go shopping for these new and amazing cars, you’ll need to do some homework.
You will also need to snatch up your cheap auto insurance. Newer cars tend to cost more to insure.
Not only that but when you have a loan out for your car, you will need to have full coverage.
Cheap auto insurance is easy to attain and easy to keep, it just depends on how much protection you want your new ride to have.
Let’s Talk Cars
The new and improved cars from the famous Toyota and Honda seem to always make the list of “best of the best”.
But this year there are a few surprising car company who are making a strong comeback.
The Kia car company for example has always been a lower quality car that seems to try to make the list but just never does.
Well, 2018 has changed that for this car.
With new technology, hybrid features and a comfortable interior, who wouldn’t want one of these?
That is why Kia is the very first car we are going to talk about!
- U.S. News and Review rated this car a 9.2 out of ten for an overall score. That takes into account the cars features, its gas mileage, and its safety.
- This new small luxury car is not at all what you would expect from Kia. It is slick with clean lines and a beautiful interior.
- This car is ranked second for small luxury cars just behind Audi. That is a great move for Kia and their future products.
- You can purchase a new Kia Stinger for around $40,000. The base price is $32,000, and ranges all the way up to $50,000 depending on what features you want.
- It has a turbo charged engine, great handling and an outstanding warranty.
- It may not get the best fuel economy of any of the new 2018 models, but that is mainly because it just has more power.
- It seats five people comfortably for being a smaller vehicle. It gets about 20 mpg city and 28 mpg highway. So if you are looking for a commuter car, this one will be fun to drive no doubt, but it won’t save you a fortune on gas.
- This great car has about 350 horsepower and has an amazing way of handling turns and curves.
- Now this car is literally brand new and just started being sold at Kia dealers. That means that not many people have tested this car out. But my best guess is that by the end of the year, it will have even better reviews from all of the happy drivers.
2018 Honda Accord
Now this car seems to make the cut every year.
Honda has made a car that lasts the ages. It also keeps up with the latest and greatest.
The Honda Accord is the “every persons car”.
Wether you are a family of four, or a business person trying to get to work on time, this car just keeps on giving.
Here is what is being said about the 2018 version:
- Not only does this car get great gas mileage but it does so with style. This mid sized sedan is the roomiest of all the mid sized vehicles on the market.
- It scores a 9.1 out of ten from New and Review.
- This car seats five and gets around 240 horsepower.
- The only complaint is because of how it is redesigned, it has a smaller and more narrow trunk space.
- It has many driver safety driving features, and has a turbo charged engine. So it is not only fun to drive but incredibly safe.
- The design this year and more “sporty” looking than anything else. It has aero dynamic lines and a different looking front end than any other Honda Accord year.
- You can get up to 38 miles per gallon with the standard Honda Accord. Other Honda Models that are Hybrids can get up to 53 miles per gallon!
- This car retails for around $30,000 brand new. You can get the base model for $25,000 or a very upgraded version for around $36,000. It just depends on how fancy you want your ride to be.
- Another great thing about these cars is that they won’t cost you a fortune on cheap auto insurance. You can insure these cars with full coverage for around $150 a month and register them every year for around $300. That isn’t bad at all!
2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid
This hybrid is the best on the market for mid sized sedans.
Now some will say that Tesla has the monopoly on great electric cars, but Toyota has is on hybrids.
There is just no other hybrid that is so fuel efficient, safe and good looking.
You can afford these as well.
Here is what’s being said about the 2018 model:
- This Camry is ranked #3 for mid sized Sedans and #1 for hybrid and electric cars right now and for good reason.
- It will get you 53 miles per gallon and last you for years.
- You can drive this car comfortably as the seats are a great quality and will be fine for sitting for hours.
- This car seats five people and gets 208 horsepower. No that isn’t a ton of power, but you are in this car for the gas mileage, not the power.
- It has a larger trunk than most any other hybrid and a roomy back seating area. This is great for families!
- You can afford this car reasonably with a price tag of around $30,000. A base price of $27 thousand a top range of $32 thousand is a great range even for all of these amenities.
- They do say that the technical features are not up to snuff with some other cars in the same price range.
- This Hybrid has a score of 9 out of 10 according to News and Review for it’s safety and appeal, as well as gas mileage.
- Go out and get one of these cars if you are a commuter or a family of five. Any way you look at it, this car is a great value!
2018 Honda Odyssey
Not only does the Honda Odyssey hold the title of #1 mini van, it is one of the highest ranking vehicles overall according to News and Review.
It has a score of 9.3 out of 10 score which is the highest score so far this year. Car and Driver give this car a 5 out of 5 score and Edmunds has it as a 3.9 out of five.
These are some of the highest scores I could find in any car, anywhere.
Yes! Even compared to a Mercedes Benz or Audi or Volvo, this mini van is making history.
Here is why:
- This car has a plethora of family friendly technology such as rear seat video, a back up camera and much more!
- It has great handling and a great engine as well. You will have a bit of power as you scoot those kids to soccer or take a family vacation.
- With 280 horsepower, you won’t be lacking in luster with this beauty.
- You will get about 20 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway, so no it isn’t an electric car or a hybrid, but it gets the job done and you’ll have fun doing it in this van. It gives a new meaning to mini van. Instead of cringing at the fact that you may have to own a van, you will marvel at the gadgets inside this car.
- This car is easy to use and understand and for as little as $30,000, you can afford it as well.
- People rave about the amount of room this van has. When you remove the back seats, you can fit furniture, animals, luggage and much more.
- There is no doubt that this van is a winner all the way around.
2018 Ford Expedition
Now, let’s talk about a great SUV.
The Ford Expedition has been totally redesigned.
You can put all of those past rumors to rest, because this Ford SUV is back and better than ever.
- This car scores a 9.1 out of ten from News and Review and that is the highest ranking SUV out there.
- It is the #1 for large SUV markets and makes quite a statement with it’s new design. It is very spacious and has a great rear space for cargo. With a smooth ride and easy handling, it has everything you want in a large SUV.
- This beast has 365 horse power and a 4 wheel drive drive train. You can seat 8 people and still have room for all of your accessories.
- But you won’t be saving much in gas, This guzzler only . get about 15 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on the highway. So you will be spending more in gas and won’t be lessening your carbon foot print. But most people don’t buy a large SUV for that reason anyway.
- For around $55,000, you can have this luxurious SUV for the whole family. That is a large price tag compared to some other cars we have been talking about. But this monster is made of more steel and parts. It has a larger motor and towing capacity.
- One of the only complaints is that the interior isn’t as high of grade material for the price as some wish it were.
- Because it has a larger motor, you could pay more for your auto insurance. Getting the best cheap auto insurance will come down to your broker and how much they can help you.
Why Buy New?
OK, so most people would say that purchasing a brand new car is not a very financially reasonable thing to do.
But let’s talk about the difference between purchasing new, leasing new, and purchasing used.
How used is too used? When do cars start breaking down?
These are all very important questions to ask when you are thinking about that next car.
Some of the newer cars on the market today will last for 200 thousand miles before things start going wrong.
Now the electric vehicles don’t have gas engines right?
This means you will not have to put any money into maintenance for oil changes or other things that can go wrong with a conventional engine.
Their batteries do wear out in about 10 years (although with new technology this is changing).
The best thing to keep in mind when you are looking for new, used or electric, is what you will use this car for and for how long.
But you have a limited amount of miles. If you put more than 1000 miles a month on your vehicle, this may not be a great idea.
However, there is a catch. You have the option of purchasing your lease car at the end of your lease for a agreed upon value.
Before you sign on the dotted line, make sure you take a look at the purchase price of the vehicle after three years.
The dealer will tell you right then and there how much you will owe to purchase the vehicle.
Another catch is that if you do not purchase your lease vehicle after your term is up, but you have gone over your mileage, you will pay out of the nose.
You will pay much more than expected. So before you think of a lease, understand the purpose of this car.
Keep in mind that to really get a good deal on a lease vehicle, you will need good credit.
The best kind of used vehicle to purchase is one that is only a couple years old.
The value has dropped and usually lease cars that have been turned in after 2-3 years of use can be snatched up for a steal.
When you purchase a car that is 10 years old, you will start to notice issues with the mechanics of the car.
Around 100 thousand miles, things start to fall apart. Expensive things. Keep this in mind.
Buying used is great as long as it’s not super old and used.
Purchasing new, used or leasing is all fun and games. Do your homework.
Read the reviews and compare vehicles.
If you see a vehicle that has had great reviews for five year in a row, you might want to consider that one over a one hit wonder.
Last but not least, you need to enjoy your car.
So drive it before you purchase it and like it.
Really like it.