Get a Quote
Beaumont lies on Texas’ coastal plain, about 30 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico, one hour drive east of Houston. The city has an estimated 2015 population of 118,129, is home of Lamar University, a national Carnegie Doctoral Research university with 14,966 students, including undergraduates and post graduates. A significant element of the areas economy is the Port of Beaumont, the nation’s fourth-largest seaport. With all of that happening and more, residents should explore all the options for cheap car insurance Beaumont offers, and make sure they have plenty of auto insurance coverage.
Cheap Car Insurance Beaumont Requirements
It’s important to have the right car insurance in Beaumont to protect not only yourself, but your vehicle too. Remember that carrying the minimum coverage required by law may not be enough to cover you personally. Make sure your policy will cover all of your assets, even if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver.
- Bodily Injury coverage requirements are a minimum of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage liability minimum requirements are $25,000.
- Uninsured Motorist coverage is not required, but insurance company’s are required to offer it, and explain the coverage to consumers. According to Texas’ DMV, an estimated 20% of drivers in the state are uninsured, resulting in costs of up to $900 million for consumers.
- The law in Texas requires drivers to pay for accidents that they cause. Fault is ultimately determined by the state, using evidence and testimony gathered at the scene of the accident. The at-fault party is then required to pay all damages resulting from the accident.
Public Transportation In Beaumont
- Amtrak’s Sunset Limited serves Beaumont’s train station.
- Beaumont Municipal Transit System, a city wide bus system called (BMT).
- Jack Brooks Regional Airport (BPT), located 9 miles south of Beaumont’s central business district, serves the region with regional jet flights nonstop to Dallas/Fort Worth Airport.