Cheap Insurance Kansas
Driving in Kansas
Because rates are on the rise, we recommend that consumers explore as many options for cheap insurance Kansas can offer. Despite having a relatively low population, the recent economic troubles have led to some very unpredictable insurance pricing. Population changes, unemployment rates, and crime rates all play a factor in pricing, as does traffic and driving conditions/patterns.
Here is an example of information that insurance companies use to calculate rates:
Estimated annual miles Kansans drive: 29,787,177,000; Occupants who use seat belts decreased injury by 30.6%; 26% of accidents in the state are caused by inattentiveness.
We believe that the more consumers know, the smarter they can shop.
The average 12-month car insurance premium for Kansas registered vehicles as of December, 2011 was $1,212.
Kansas does not use a points system against driver’s licenses for traffic violations. Instead, any individual convicted of 3 major traffic violations in a 12-month period will automatically have their driver’s license either revoked or suspended.
State Car Insurance Requirements
- Mandatory minimum bodily injury coverage per individual in Kansas is $25,000.
- Mandatory minimum bodily injury coverage per accident in Kansas is $50,000.
- Mandatory minimum property damage coverage per accident in Kansas is $10,000.
Did you know?
- Dodge City, Kansas is known as the windiest city in the United States. Average wind speeds clock in at 14 miles per hour.
- Kansas ranks 8th highest in the nation for natural gas production.
- While oil production has stalled in the state, aerospace remains a leading industry supplying thousands of jobs.
Most vehicle processes are overseen by the Kansas Department of Revenue’s Division of Vehicles. Their website may be found here.
Kansas titling and registration services are processed at the county treasurer’s motor vehicle office. A map of each county’s office with contact information may be found here.
Be sure to bring a copy of a passed Motor Vehicle Examination inspection and proof of insurance. Property taxes may apply, and vary by county.
We Have Your Town Covered!
Average Annual Premiums in Kansas = $1,410 | via Insure.com
Have questions about auto insurance in your state? Want a quote for car insurance?
Start with your zipcode for a fast, free quote.
OR speak to an agent:
Local Kansas agencies we can beat in price.
564 S Oliver St
Wichita, KS 67218
17th & N Broadway Ce
Wichita, KS 67203
515 N Ridge Rd Ste 200
Wichita, KS 67212
2201 E 13th St N Ste C
Wichita, KS 67214
404 N Market St
Wichita, KS 67202