Get a Quote
The Tampa-St. Petersburg metro area sees quite a lot of traffic during peak hours each day when over 1.3 million drivers hit the road. Because this can bring an increase in the rate of traffic collisions, insurance rates in the area can be higher than Florida’s average. However, that’s not to say that consumers have a hard time finding the numerous choices for cheap car insurance St Petersburg has available.
Cheap Car Insurance In St. Petersberg
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
Public Transportation In St. Petersberg
Take advantage of public transportation whenever you can. It will save you mileage on your car, which will in turn save you money on your car insurance. Mass transit in St. Petersburg is provided by the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA). A sightseeing trolley, called The Looper, also travels to key downtown destinations daily such as USFSP, Sundial, Vinoy Hotel, and the multiple museums around the city. The Looper costs only 50 cents to ride and provides free drop off points throughout the transit.