Considering recent economic developments, residents are encouraged to shop the many options for cheap insurance Miami has to offer.
“Magic City” is one of America’s busiest and most productive cities, with a current population of 419,000 (5.5 million in the surrounding urban area).
It is also the richest city in the U.S. (according to a 2009 study), partly due to having the largest concentration of international banks in the nation.
Considering the size of this metropolis Miami’s crime rate is fairly low (2,700 auto thefts in 2012).
Car Insurance Requirements Miami
- Florida state is a “no-fault,” meaning that an individual’s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- You are required to have a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance.
- Most insurance professionals will agree that the best way to save money is to check your rates against competitors. We suggest doing so at least twice a year (more, if possible). With online rating systems, it’s easier than ever to get comparison quotes. Simply type in your zip code to get the process started!
There is a great deal of transportation methods for the Miami area. It isn’t called the cruise capitol of the world for nothing.
From Amtrak to buses around the city, this tourists place is great for getting around.
Miami also has an above ground rail line.
Trolleys are a nostalgic way to visit the city and embark on a downtown adventure.