Cheap Insurance Delaware
In 2011 Delaware State Police reported 20,872 traffic accidents resulting in 103 deaths, 7,694 injuries and over $435 million in economic losses for the state. Most insurance companies use statistics like these as an reason to increase insurance policy premiums. However, the number of choices for cheap insurance Delaware agencies can offer has been rising, which has helped keep the average cost of insurance low.
More choices means lower prices. If you are shopping for insurance, or are simply looking for a lower rate, taking a few minutes to learn more about your state can help you save big.
The penalty for driving without insurance in Delaware is a minimum fine of $1,500 and a 6-month license suspension for the first offense. Multiple offenses have a minimum fine of $3,000.
There are over 850,000 registered vehicles in the state of Delaware, but only 650,000 licensed drivers.
State Car Insurance Requirements
- Liability insurance is required for any registered vehicle, even if it is off the road indefinitely.
- The minimum bodily injury or death per person coverage in Delaware is $15,000, with a $30,000 minimum coverage for bodily injury or death of 2 or more persons.
- The minimum coverage for injury or destruction of property in Delaware is $10,000.
Did you know?
- Delaware is home of the longest twin-span suspension bridge in the entire world, connecting Delaware and New Jersey.
- The counties of New Castle and Kent have the highest populations in the sate, which generally means those territories will have the highest insurance rates.
- Because of the population density of cities like Wilmington and Dover, the insurance rates will be highest there.
The Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles’ website can be found here. There are 4 offices throughout the state, in Wilmington, New Castle, Dover and Georgetown.
Vehicle registration is handled by the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles. New residents must title and register their vehicles within 60 days of becoming residents. Delaware has a one-time titling fee of $25, and an annual registration fee of $40 for passenger vehicles.
Average Annual Premiums in Delaware = $1,652 | via Insure.com
Have questions about auto insurance in your state? Want a quote for car insurance?
Start with your zipcode for a fast, free quote.
OR speak to an agent:
Local Delaware agencies we can beat in price.
287 Christiana Rd. # 20
New Castle, DE 19720
254 Fox Hunt Dr Fox Run Shopping Center
Bear, DE 19701
1218 Pulaski Hwy Ste 490
Bear, DE 19701
3 Beaver Valley Road
Wilmington, DE 19803