Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc.
Privacy Policies and Practices (as of January 2011)
Revised January 2009
Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc. mission statement is to continuously provide our stakeholders who are 1) the customer, 2) the employees, 3) the insurance companies, and 4) the agency, the highest level of unexcelled, efficient customer service, to correctly identify our customer’s needs and provide insurance coverage of the greatest value at the lowest cost to meet those needs. To effectively market our supplier’s products, while continuing to strive positively, as one team, toward growth, community involvement, and increased profitability.
As part of our procedure to conduct business we collect information about you:
Categories of Information Collected and Sources From Which We Collect It.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information that you provide us on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us from the insurance companies we contact to underwrite your insurance.
- Information we receive from the Department of Motor Vehicles or other consumer reporting agencies.
- Information contained in medical records or from medical professionals that is related to insurance claims.
Persons From Whom Information is Collected.
We may collect nonpublic personal information from individuals other than those proposed for coverage.
Information We May Disclose to Third Parties:
We do not disclose information about you to third parties whose only use of the information is to market a product or service. However, in the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described below:
- A. To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us.
- B. To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction.
- C. To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
- D. To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment.
- E. To the California Department of Insurance or other insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities.
- F. To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services.
Your Right to Access and Amend Your Personal Information:
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within 2 years prior to your request. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information that is in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
To obtain access to your information: You should submit a request in writing to Legal Correspondence, Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc., 8928 Volunteer Lane Suite 210, Sacramento, CA 95821. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, and the recorded information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you (in writing) within 30 business days in response to your request.
To correct, amend, or delete any of your information: (other than endorsements to your insurance policy) You should submit a request in writing to Legal Correspondence, Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc., 8928 Volunteer Lane Suite 210, Sacramento, CA 95821. The request should include your name, address, social security number, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of the document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have the opportunity to challenge.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Our Policy Regarding Dispute Resolution:
Right to Opt Out:
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties or disclose to affiliates the Restricted Credit Information, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (Even if you opt-out, we may disclose information as allowed by law. This includes disclosing information to our affiliates to market other products or services to you). If you wish to opt out of disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties, you may do so by calling our toll free number, 1 (800) 486-1866.
Reservation of the Right to Disclose Information in Unforeseen Circumstances:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc., and its affiliates (if any), reserve the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your name, address, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency, and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice, product or service; (2) agrees to be Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc.’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
Use of A Customer’s Email Address
Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc. does not re-sale e-mail addresses that we collect. Addresses are used strictly for the purpose of communicating with our customers, and site visitors.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns pertaining to the privacy or security of your personal information, you can contact us at:
Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc. Corporate Offices
8928 Volunteer Lane Suite 210
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone: (916) 485-6969
Fax: (916) 485-0999
©2011 Bucheli Insurance Agency, Inc. All Rights Reserved.